Do you have an idea, prototype or proof of concept?
Sprout and Amazon Web Services (AWS) are collaborating to launch their next mission...
...to find the very best ideas and start-ups who are looking to solve a problem or disrupt an existing business model in the Horticultural Industry, using digital tools and the latest in technology.
This Sprout x AWS HortTech Challenge is a virtual pitch day competition, where three teams of people will be chosen to pitch to industry experts and world-class judges for their chance to accelerate their idea or company in the HortTech ecosystem.
Entries close: 12th November 2021
Finalist notified & announced: 30th November 2021
Virtual Pitch Day: 10th December 2021
Water demand and quality in the face of climate change.
Traceability of food to meet consumer demand.
Advancement of plant genetics for higher quality yield.
Automating the supply chain and tackling labour issues.
Grow your HortTech start-up
Are you using digital tools and technology to solve some of the biggest issues New Zealand's Horticultural industry is facing?
Sprout and AWS are looking to invigorate ideas and early stage technology companies looking to solve issues in the following Horticultural areas:
1) Water Usage
3) Genetics/New Plant Breeds
If you think you've got what it takes to break new ground in the HortTech industry then enter today. Entries close 12 November 2021.
Sprout x AWS HortTech Challenge Virtual Pitch Day
Three individuals or teams will be chosen to pitch virtually to industry experts and world-class judges for their chance to accelerate their idea or start-up in the HortTech ecosystem.
Date: 10 December 2021
- Virtually pitch in front of Sprout and AWS
- Access to Sprout Partners
- Networking with Sprout, Sprout Partners and AWS to discuss your idea further
- Time with an AWS Certified Solution architect to discuss your product
- 5x Amazon Echo Dots
- 5x AWS IoT EduKit devices
- Access to Sprout Alumni
Want to know more about the challenge or if your idea is suitable? Get in touch with the Sprout team and we can book a time for a call.
Your chance to win
HortTech Challenge Prize
Those who pitch have an opportunity to win the following:
- Pitch in front of Sprout and AWS
- Access to the Sprout Partner Network
- Mentorship for 1 hour a week for 3 months
- 2x two day start-up workshops
- An AWS product prize package^, including Amazon Echo Dots and an AWS IoT EduKit
- Investment plan for raising capital
- Opportunity for up to $1m investment from Sprout
^AWS, the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, will provide a prize to winners which includes tools and support to get started with machine learning and IoT experimentation.