How the Sprout Agritech Accelerator works
Sprout will accept applications from start-ups around the world. With support from industry leaders, eight companies will be selected to enter the five month agritech accelerator. The eight companies will engage in:
- Five months of complimentary support from experts and mentors
- Four sprints focused on key business areas:
- Each sprint begins with a two day block course. The eight teams will be flown to different locations around New Zealand to meet with mentors and guest speakers that will support and workshop different areas of the business
- Following the block course, the Sprout team and mentors will support the completing of key tasks that have been identified through the block courses
- Accelerator Demo Day
- Companies will have the opportunity to attend demo day and pitch to a hand picked group of investors, business leaders and industry experts
- Companies will receive expert training and support as preparation for the day.
The key benefits of Sprout over other business growth support approaches are:
- Advice and guidance from those who understand the business and technologies of the agritech sector
- Direct access to partners who could add global credibility and distribution for products
- Access to a network of people with complementary skills that can fill the gaps while you are in the start-up phase
- Support from investors who can open doors to big opportunities
- No requirement to relocate the business
- The backing of an entire global community that wants to see your business succeed.
- Access to a global network of over 100 people and mentors with complementary skills
- Direct access to partners to build distribution and channels to market
- Opportunities to validate ideas and products with customer focus groups around New Zealand and internationally
- Introduction to potential investors in New Zealand and overseas
- All travel and accommodation cost covered for the block courses
- Access to grants and cash opportunities for business development
- Upon completion of the accelerator, an opportunity to pitch for investment to a hand picked group of investors, business leaders and industry experts.